Do you have any time to waste for typing in some text into dialog boxes again and again even though you've just filled that very same form a short time ago? Unfortunately, many computer users do not have any choice, since they rely on the built-in tools that come with Windows and that do not have an option (or have a very rudimentary and limited option) to automatically insert text strings into dialog boxes. Lucky for these people there is a reliable and affordable tool that does just that (automatically inserts text into dialog boxes) for any Windows applications and practically every Windows version (Windows 95, 98, Me, NT, 2000 and XP, to be exact). ActiveTextBox is really a simple, yet very handy, beneficial and time-saving software application. The principle behind ActiveTextBox is very simple - it saves every text string entered and matches it correctly to the dialog boxes where it was entered. It means that if you ever have to enter a search term, file name or path, e-mail address, or personal data, you can simply select it from the list instead of wasting time for typing the same information over and over again. It may seem like a small thing at first, but only after few days of using the program nobody agrees to switch back. The other secret of program's popularity is its flexible setup system. For example, as the list of text strings keeps growing, you can sort them out alphabetically or in the order of regular use. In addition, the users can create their own custom lists of the text strings that are most commonly used - such as names or logins. The great thing about the program is that it runs in the background and is launched upon system startup, so the users never have to remember about it. Importantly, the program comes with drag-and-drop feature that allows associating any dialog box with any text string(s). For this, the snapshots of dialog boxes are taken, so that specific text strings can be assigned to each particular form.
» version 2.3 - posted on 2004-04-13
The support for .NET applications is added
EULA - End User License Agreement
ActiveTextBox(R) version 2.3
Copyright (C) 2003-2004 AbsoluteWay.
All Rights Reserved
*** LICENSE AGREEMENT ***
The ActiveTextBox is shareware. This means:
1. All copyrights to ActiveTextBox are exclusively owned by the author - Serguei Konov.
2. Anyone may use this software during a test period of 30 days. Following this test period of 30 days or less, if you wish to continue to use ActiveTextBox, you MUST register.
3. Once registered, the user is granted a non-exclusive license to use ActiveTextBox on one computer (i.e. a single CPU) at a time, for any legal purpose. The registered ActiveTextBox software may not be rented or leased, but may be permanently transferred, if the person receiving it agrees to the terms of this license. If the software is an update, the transfer must include the update and all previous versions. The ActiveTextBox unregistered shareware version may be freely distributed, provided the distribution package is not modified. No person or company may charge a fee for the distribution of ActiveTextBox without written permission from the copyright holder.
4. ACTIVETEXTBOX IS DISTRIBUTED "AS IS". NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND IS EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. YOU USE THIS SOFTWARE AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE AUTHOR WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DATA LOSS, DAMAGES, LOSS OF PROFITS OR ANY OTHER KIND OF LOSS WHILE USING OR MISUSING THIS SOFTWARE.
5. You may not use, copy, emulate, clone, rent, lease, sell, modify, decompile, disassemble, otherwise reverse engineer, or transfer the licensed program, or any subset of the licensed program, except as provided for in this agreement. Any such unauthorised use shall result in immediate and automatic termination of this license and may result in criminal and/or civil prosecution. All rights not expressly granted here are reserved by Serguei Konov.
6. Installing and using ActiveTextBox signifies acceptance of the terms and conditions of this license.
7. If you do not agree with the terms of this license you must remove ActiveTextBox files from your storage devices and cease to use the product.
Thank you for using the original ActiveTextBox.